Office: Berlin – 20 to 30 hours
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
- Managing Kiron’s external communication materials, including key documents, annual reports and other communication materials and campaigns.
- Liaising with other teams to ensure all projects have a strong digital engagement and social media component
- Being responsible for content and the digital design of marketing activities of a range of digital environments including websites, blog, social media, print, landing pages and digital ads.
- Developing a graphic identity and ensuring consistency and clarity throughout all of our communication materials.
- Creating and designing visually compelling external content material for partners, supporters and the public, while ensuring communication assets are aligned and tailored to specific stakeholders.
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in communications, ideally in a NGO/social startup working with refugees or disadvantaged communities.
- You have strong written communication skills in English (native). German is a plus.
- Ideally you have editorial and proofreading experience and are comfortable copy-editing written material.
- You are passionate about graphic design and proficient in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector and a generous home office policy.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “CM + your name” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 25th of June to Rohit Kakar.