A flexible cash flow is critical to the success of any small or mid-sized business. Traditionally, banks have neglected the millions of European SMEs because their processes have been too slow, rigid and costly to serve them effectively. By using cutting-edge technology and harnessing more data, iwoca is rapidly reinventing business finance, developing new ways to provide fast and flexible access to credit, enabling our customers to flourish. Chris and James launched iwoca in 2012; since then we’ve made tens of thousands of credit decisions and lent over £150m to ten thousand SMEs across UK, Poland, Germany and Spain. Along the way we built a high-tech platform from scratch, won numerous awards and grown a highly cosmopolitan, fun and vibrant team of 130 people based in London. We represent a diverse range of backgrounds and we’re united in our mission to make business finance simple, seamless, and powerful.We’ve come a long way in the last five years, and yet are just at the start of a journey that promises many more exciting times ahead. We recently closed a £46m funding round, giving us the firepower to accelerate our development. To drive this growth we’re looking for people who are smart, motivated and humble, want to develop themselves and push the boundaries of their own performance while building a business we can all be really proud of.
About the role:
The Data Analyst acts as an interface between the team behind iwoca’s operations in Germany and our Risk and Tech teams. Having strong ties to both sides, you will be working with python and our in-house analysis platform to derive actionable and accurate insights from our customer data and develop our bespoke lending platform to fit the needs of the German business.
In terms of personality, the right candidate will be eager to learn and have enthusiasm to explore and experiment. They’ll be continuously curious, strong at problem solving, and keen to take responsibility for delivering projects that add value to the business.
In terms of hard skills, we are also looking for:-
- Strong working knowledge of Python/Pandas (preferable) or R, Matlab
- Top-notch degree at a leading university in a highly quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or Engineering)
- Experience in practical data processing, data visualization and information retrieval tasks
- First class communication skills and a passion to interact with various teams within iwoca
- Fluent in English and German
- Understanding of web technologies is a plus
You’ll join a growing team of smart, humble and motivated people, all passionate about learning and developing themselves and united in their passion to grow an amazing business that revolutionises business finance.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus)
- Pool, Ping Pong and foosball tables, and yoga in the morning
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running and climbing
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays, and an extra day for your birthday
- Winter and summer retreats for you to work from