Start: November 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – part-time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
*The job offer is part of a project and is subject to approval of the funds.
- Development, maintenance and realization of data security policies and requirements taking into account legal, regulatory, technical and internal requirements of an international NGO.
- Responsibility for supervision of & compliance to those policies and requirements as well as assessment of potential risks and ways forward to minimize those.
- Continuous training in newest trends and best practices, seamless integration of those into operations, presentation and training to internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiations with partners and key stakeholders regarding data flow, data exchange, data security and best practice sharing within the non-profit community.
- You hold a (technical/applied) university degree, ideally in Computer Science / Data / IT, Law, Business / Economics, Administration or any related subject and have a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
- You have had formal training (e.g. TÜV, IHK or renowned private institutions) and extensive work experience in the field of IT, data security & data protection.
- You know how to analyse and assess (technical) data security risks and possess extensive knowledge of organisational, technical and legal measures to minimize those.
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in both German and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You are solution & client-oriented with a clear focus on quality and cost-efficiency, are able to analyse sharply, solve problems creatively and think connectedly.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- The opportunity to shape and professionalize an innovative educational provider with your expertise and creative input focussing on the safety & success of our students.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “DSC + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 28.09.2018 to Rohit Kakar.