iwoca is reinventing business finance: our vision is that finance should be like electricity: simple, seamless and powerful. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses that are underserved by the banks. Since launching in 2012, we’ve already lent to 10,000 small businesses across Europe. Along the way we have built a cutting-edge high-tech platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team.
This is a particularly exciting time to join iwoca – over the past year our team has doubled to 140 people and we have closed our $30M+ Series C funding in October, giving us the firepower to grow even faster and try out new ideas.
The most exciting part of our journey still lies ahead of us, join us to make a difference!
Marketing lies at the very heart of iwoca’s growth. Building on successive quarters of impressive growth, we’re looking at ways to further accelerate our development as well as to experiment with new channels.
As the Marketing Manager for iwoca Germany, you will work closely with the Group CMO and Country Manager as well as your own team to implement, refine and develop the country’s marketing strategy. You will have full ownership of marketing initiatives, a budget and the responsibility for delivering results. The focus will be mainly on efficient customer acquisition, but will also include Brand, PR, customer understanding, etc.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy & budget for Germany
- Plan, execute and /or oversee marketing campaigns to acquire small business customers, including digital performance marketing, events, indirect, brand marketing, etc.
- Analyse campaign performance & KPIs, understand drivers of ROI, identify learnings and opportunities to optimise, thus ensuring we hit monthly targets, make constant progress and achieve long-term objectives.
- Optimise ongoing marketing activities – for example by improving conversion rate through messaging and targeting, streamlining processes etc.
- Continuously develop our understanding of our customer base (customer decision journey) to enable us to more effectively address their needs and expectations
- Help us to build iwoca into a brand that is known, liked and trusted by SMEs across the country
What we’re looking for
The right candidate for this role will be continuously curious, eager to learn and demonstrate enthusiasm to explore and experiment. You will be analytical, very much at ease with data and numbers, a good problem-solver and generally keen to take responsibility for delivering projects that add value to the business.
- Passion: for marketing, for data, for delivering impact within the business
- Ideally 1 – 4 years of marketing experience in the SME / B2B space in Germany where you have been both hands-on and strategic (2+ years preferred). We’re also willing to consider those applicants who have less marketing experience, but who can demonstrate a keenness and aptitude to learn and who have demonstrated top-notch performance in other fields (e.g. in tech, consulting, banking, etc.)
- Knowledge of and / or passion for the German SME landscape is a plus
- An analytical mindset: you will be very comfortable with numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Marketing skillset would be highly beneficial (A/B testing, etc.) and working knowledge of tools usually employed (SQL, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc)
- An eye for detail combined with the ability to think big and keep long-term objectives in mind
- Plenty of imagination, drive and resourcefulness: you’re happy to work largely independently and are keen to develop and test new ideas
- Fluent German, first class communication skills and a passion to interact with various teams within iwoca
What we offer
New starters will enjoy substantial responsibility from day one and fantastic long-term career opportunities. You’ll join a growing team of smart, humble and motivated people, all passionate about learning and developing themselves and united in their passion to grow an amazing business that revolutionises business finance.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus)
- Pool, table tennis and foosball tables, and yoga in the morning
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams / clubs including football, running, climbing, chess, yoga, etc.
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays, and an extra day for your birthday
- Winter and summer retreats for you to work from