SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, operated under Motion Global Ltd., is the world’s leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, SmartBuyGlasses has become the market leader in over 30 countries worldwide. With over 160 employees, we retail the world’s best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
SmartBuyGlasses has recently won the ‘2015 Business Excellence Award for Business Innovation’ at the AustCham Westpac Australia-China Business Awards in Hong Kong:
We are seeking a Digital Content Writer Intern in our Shanghai or Turin office. The successful candidate should have an excellent knowledge of the English language, demonstrate a true passion for writing or blogging, and have an interest in fashion and eyewear. Working within the Marketing department, the Digital Content Writer will work closely with the Social Media and PR team in the creation of online data-driven customer communications across a range of digital marketing initiatives.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create, edit and localize site content, banners, blog content, press releases, EDM and social media for 30 different domains.
- Attract potential customers through engaging, informative and inspiring copy.
- Maintain the consistency of the brand across digital channels and all communication.
- Work alongside our experienced PR and Social Media teams to formulate and run content promotion and outreach projects across digital channels.
- SEO and UX optimization projects for our numerous English language domains.
- Assist the content team in the roll-out of new website features.
The Qualified Candidate
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Perfect grammar and strong writing skills
- True passion in copywriting / content writing
- Ability to self-prioritise workflow, to perform well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Computer literate with an excellent understanding of MS Office and CMS
- Highly self-motivated and creative
- Previous writing/ blogging experience a plus
- Available to work minimum 20 hours per week
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which is to be undertaken for a period of between three and six months dependent upon the availability of the candidate. Trainees will receive extensive exposure all facets of digital marketing and training from our experienced and dedicated team. This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain valuable experience of working within a market leading company, whilst learning key transferrable skills in both digital marketing and ecommerce industries.