Our mission is to fix the broken apartment rental process in Germany and Europe. Mass viewings, impersonal communication, redundant processes and lack of trust. We are changing this drastically. We will enable tenants to apply for apartments in the most convenient way possible, solving the current problems of a broken real estate market for rentals. At the same time, we will make it easier and more efficient for landlords to offer an apartment. We are a highly motivated team and believe in our mission.
As an early stage proptech startup with a rapidly growing customer base we are using reliable but fun technologies. We currently use mainly Ruby on Rails 5 and PostgreSQL but have some services in Sinatra and some in Python. We aim to build applications that are maintainable, adaptable and fast without sacrificing developer comfort.
- You have minimum 3+ years experience working as a Rails developer
- You have strong skills in data modeling and hands-on experience in PostgreSQL
- You are not shy of writing frontend code
- You enjoy getting stuff done as much as building clean, tested and maintainable code
- You know your way around AWS and helped setting up and maintain scalable dev- and production environments
- You love to create simple but scalable solutions to challenging problems
- You value teamwork and collaborative decision making
- You don’t see your role isolated in IT but also have an active interest to combine business needs with customer value
- You have a strong self-motivation, structured way of thinking and adapt fast to new challenges
- You show a hands-on mentality and a willingness to take an active role in our company
- Experience with VueJs is a bonus
What we offer
- Founders that understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Free choice of OS and a sponsored subscriptions to online learning platforms
- A highly motivated team with lots of friendly co-workers
- Free drinks, healthy fruits, cookies, tasty breakfasts and of course regular team events
- We value output more than time and are open in regards of remote work
As an employer, we believe in the power of teams and strive to deliver a highly productive work environment that at the same time leaves room for individual development and maximum fun during the job. We strongly encourage our team members to participate actively in decision making, developing their skill set pro-actively and shaping the company culture with their own ideas. If this sounds like the type of team you want to join, we’d love to hear from you.