Salary Range: £30,000 – £38,000 UK pounds per year
Term: 4 or 5 days per week (negotiable), permanent employment
Application deadline: on-going until filled
Requirement: right to work in the UK
We are seeking a compassionate full stack developer at a young professional stage, who is passionate about Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for sustainable energy access, and eager to work on a new challenge. You will join our 5-person tech team in Edinburgh on a 4 or 5 day a week basis.
Connected Energy is a social enterprise that enables renewable energy access to off-grid communities, in particular solar electricity and biogas for cooking. We do this by deliveringICTtools to organisations in East-Africa and India. We are currently developing two products for the off-grid energy sector: Smart Biogas Network and Cloud Solar. Both combine IoT sensors to enable pay-as-you go payment and real-time maintenance services. Our aim is to help over 150,000 households towards energy access within 5 years through these products.
As a full stack software developer, you will strengthen our team by:
• Assisting with the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level of quality
• Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle
• Leveraging expertise to ensure quality of product throughout all development stages
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidates with at least 2 years of experience in software development. Ideally you will also have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject, or additional years of work experience.
Who you are:
• Good communication skills as a core member of a social enterprise with an international scope and teams in Edinburgh and London.
• Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
Ideally you have experience with:
• Automated testing and creating, managing and using test data for development
• Understanding product development requirements and user stories
Openness, Kindness, Fearlessness, and Adaptability are the values we believe make us the social enterprise we are. We’re looking for someone will help us shape this culture in our technology team as it evolves.
Connected Energy is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We particularly welcome applications from those who self-identify as Women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
To apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com outlining why you would be a good fit for the position by September 27th 2018.
About Connected Energy: Connected Energy increases transparency and efficiency of delivering affordable renewable energy to those off-grid. We build products that enable micro-utilities, developers,NGOs and product manufacturers to lessen the burden of cost on consumers and increase quality of service. We believe in an open source approach to product development and will work with, rather than against, local energy providers. Our first products are for the solar-PV and biogas markets and we are working with local providers and governments to bring them to market. The Connected Energy team is based in Edinburgh, London and Bhubaneswar, India. The company has been started collaboratively by Scene Connect andCREATIVenergie.
Connected Energy Technologies (‘Connected Energy’) is a Company Limited by Shares registered in Scotland (Company Number SC572953).