We couldn’t be more excited to write this job spec. That’s because it’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get in at ground level and play a vital role in the success of an early-stage start-up. You’ll be key to helping us hit the aggressive sales targets that are vital to the success of our business. And you’ll be part of our ambitious plans to revolutionise the travel market and sharing economy.
If that sounds exciting, read on…
The Plum Guide is building an online marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. Period. You can think of us as the Michelin Guide of the sharing economy. We handpick the top 1% of holiday homes, using a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts. In a little over 12 months since The Plum Guide launched we have:
• Reviewed over 60,000 homes and accepted the 620 most exceptional ones into our collection.
• Averaged 30% month-on-month growth, for the last 12 months.
• Received investment from an all-star cast – including Local Globe (who invested in TransferWise, Songkick, and Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
Our Booking Concierge Service has been vital to our success so far and will be one of our key strategies moving forwards to maximise sales. With our guests travelling to London from all over the World, we need to be available 24/7. You can help to make this happen by covering the hours of the day we’re currently asleep!
Specifically, the role will entail:
1. Working as part of the Concierge Team to personally bring in £300,000+ in monthly sales.
2. Developing the Concierge service so that it becomes a key pillar of growth and a real differentiator for The Plum Guide.
3. Optimising all of our processes to maximise sales and provide our guests with an unbelievable booking service.
4. Collecting key data on our guests, hosts and homes and feeding this back to the whole Plum team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE UP TO:
We are a start-up that’s moving and evolving quickly so we expect the role to change and adapt. However, to make it a bit more concrete, here is what you can expect to be up to:
¥ Covering the hours we currently struggle to be online. Either working the night shift in our offices in Shoreditch, London – or working remotely during the day in the US or Canada.
¥ Personally managing a large pipeline of leads.
¥ Assisting our Head of Sales with the highest value bookings and most valuable enquiries.
¥ Improving our processes to improve the concierge service and scale it effectively.
¥ Resolving any guest issues so that all of our customers become Plum super fans.
¥ Gathering valuable guest and host insights and presenting them to the Plum team.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
If we could wave a magic wand and hire our dream person for this role, you would be:
¥ Scarily ambitious with an unreasonable standard for what is good enough.
¥ Highly target driven and passionate about closing deals.
¥ Super hard working with a brilliant work ethic.
¥ An amazing people’s person: immediately likeable and love spending time with other people.
¥ Entrepreneurial by nature and not afraid to hustle.
¥ Passionate about what Plum is doing and the vision of the company.
You don’t need to have a ton of sales experience to be considered for the role. Much more important to us is your raw talent and work ethic.
• Learn how a funded business is built from scratch: designing a concept, building technology, raising money, hiring people, marketing and global expansion. If you want to set-up your own business one day, it doesn’t get much better than this.
• The opportunity to create something amazing. The concierge service is still in its infancy, but it’s fast becoming a key pillar of the business. You will be responsible for helping to make this happen.
• A flexible role! You will either be working the night shift in the UK, or you will be working remotely. You can fit the job in around your life and your other commitments.
• Make people happy! You’ll be helping to plan holidays and find amazing homes for our guests and their families.
• Be the secret weapon to our success. You know what sells and our key strengths and weaknesses. Your insights will be key to help us build an amazing business.
• The opportunity to get in at the ground level of what we hope will be one of the most successful start-ups of the next 10 years.
• Competitive salary.
• Constant training and upskilling with the Head of Sales
• Be part of a transparent, open and very supportive culture.
If this fills you with excitement, then get in touch!
Still interested but feel you’re too junior or too senior for the role? Please do still get in touch! Enthusiasm and passion are the most important factors for us – so if you’re keen, we’d love to chat to you!