We are a travel tech startup that is transforming the short-term apartment market in the Sharing Economy. We design, develop and market an access control solution for short-term rental properties (mostly flats) of today’s cities. This means you can access to any property in the world which has got Homeit, through an app, an sms or keypad, having booked it on the spot.
We closed our equity crowdfunding campaign through Seedrs with 500+ investors backing us up with 532k eur to continue our expansion across Europe, putting the company’s valuation at nearly 3 million eur (https://www.seedrs.com/homeit).
We currently operate in Portugal and Spain, and are looking to expand to the West Slavic region (Poland, Slovakia and Czechia) as well as to Italy. We will then aim to raise a series A round of funding, so these are very exciting times for us!
We have been growing a whopping 11% month on month over the past 8 months! So this surely is an incredibly fast-paced environment.
The Homeit team consists of 12 people from 3 different nationalities and is currently based in Lisbon – and we can’t wait for you to join us! Some of us have worked at companies such as PwC (London), Google Maps (London), Steinberg (Hamburg), Runnics.com (Madrid), Todoist.com (Madrid) and Click&Boat (Paris).
Your tasks will include public relations, press releases, social media, customer service, and some number crunching.
We are looking for a committed and hardworking Head of Branding and Communications to expand and strengthen our brand across Europe. Ideally, you’ll be based in Lisbon or Warsaw but we expect you to be travelling to other cities most of the time in order to set operations across various European cities (if this does not excite you, what will?).
You will work with the Head of Expansion and with the CEO, as well as liaise with the Growth team. In addition, we hope that you will leave your own mark in the world and perhaps set up a new office and Homeit team at a different location, where you will be team member No. 1. So be ready to perform at multiple jobs/tasks!
- Design and prioritise Homeit’s brand communication strategies and execute them
- Conduct market research for each market in which we are launching
- Create local communities in the countries where we are launching and maintain those relationships with the community
- Attend to potential customers’ enquiries by email or by phone
- Collect all major milestones being achieved by the team and get the word out to the public
- Write press releases
- Gather market-specific data
- Increase our online presence and visibility
- Source through PR, Marketing and Branding agencies in order to choose the best to work with
- Look for partnerships with other companies with common customers in order to win high value partnerships for the company
- Compute the ROI of our brand awareness campaigns
Any undergraduate degree or higher.
Skills you should have:
- You are a bright individual
- You speak fluent English
- You speak Polish or Italian
- You speak a third European language (optional)
- You like branding, marketing, advertising, travelling, technology and startups, and would love to make a business grow rapidly internationally.
- Familiar with lean startup principles.
- You must be a God damn executor and a top performer at wherever place you had worked in the past!
What do we offer?
- A strong understanding of platforms, channels, and brand communication strategies across several countries as we grow.
- Gain first-hand experience on how to scale a business internationally
- Learn massive amounts of startup principles and how to actually put them to practice
- You can expect tailored 1-on-1 training with our team to get you up to speed as quickly as possible
- With us you will have the opportunity of feeling that your work is greatly appreciated and that you are a fundamental member to the team, not just a cog in a big machine
- Hold one of the most exciting positions at Homeit as we expand 5-fold!