Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Human Resources Midijob
Start: August 2017 – Offices: Berlin – 19h/month
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Perform recruitment activities: communicate with candidates and schedule interviews, post job ads and gain an overview of profiles.
- Assist with employment law related research, manage the contract process and be responsible for Human Ressources KPI tracking.
- Be responsible for Onboarding- and Offboarding processes for all employees.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including hiring, termination, promotions, training, role descriptions, and employee leaves of absence in our HR Tool Personio.
Your set of skills:
- You have completed a vocational training or you are currently studying part-time in a related field.
- You have at least six months work experience in Human Resources, Administration or any other back office occupation (internships count as well).
- You are very reliable and detail-oriented and ideally familiar with employment law and social security processes.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, you are a proactive problem-solver and you love to structure and organize information.
- You have excellent German and English writing and oral skills, are proficient with Microsoft Office Package, Google Apps, and Social Media.
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees.
- Opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- Insight in organisational development and recruiting in an organisation that is implementing Holacracy.
- A competitive salary in the social sector.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “HR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 20.07. 2017 to
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo .