We are a young, but well established startup incubator focused on e-commerce. Our web- and mobile-based projects belong to the biggest and fastest growing ventures in Germany. But that’s not good enough! We want to improve our work, expand and create new, exciting things! Our flagship product is mydealz.de, the leading deals & bargains portal in Germany. We are also working with the HolidayPirates, who’s German sister site won the award for the best holiday and travel website in 2013.
You have a passion for making information look good and accessible to people, you dig infographics. People ask why you’re always browsing comics or illustrated children books in the library. You’re that person that feels colors, knows how the logo tastes, and when you go out for dinner, you always get annoyed with misaligned text in signs and poor font choice in menus, in the end you don’t get the cheeseburger because the kerning was poor.
What’s in for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate developers to work with
- Great office on Torstraße (close to Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the startup scene in Berlin
- Monthly “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance (if required)
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An educational background in Graphic Design or Visual Communication, but don’t think about titles. We love self-taught people.
- A portfolio with relevant digital work from the past 3 years, specially promotional campaigns for websites, merchandising, presentations and social-network oriented material.
- Good eye for layout, good illustration skills and ability coming up with creative solutions for imaginative campaigns that connect with people, we try to avoid marketing bullshit.
- Strong typography skills.
- A great communicator and collaborator. We mainly communicate in English, but it would help a great deal if you were into German.
- As a team player you should have no problem with receiving feedback (aka constructive criticism) on your work and carrying out adaptions as needed. In reverse you know how to put your feedback on other’s work constructively.
- You like to work across several projects and can adapt and cater to their different styles and needs.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience in UI / UX design
- Copywriter skills
- Knowledge of user-centred interaction design patterns
- Can you speak geek? Familiarity with front-end code and start-up environments will definitely come in handy
While you’re here you’ll be:
- Working together with the art director to properly turn the style guide into beautiful and functional reality
- Making the most awesome illustrations the eCommerce world has ever seen
- Creating different advertising and presentational materials
Applications without a portfolio will be automatically discarded. We expect the portfolio either to be available online or attached to the mail, as PDF. Other formats, like .doc or .docx, will not be opened.