Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
- Supporting the administration and organisation of the Language School: administrative and project related tasks
- Data managing and monitoring
- Contacting partners and course providers
- Contacting with students
- Co-managing the Language School student support email account
- Supporting community management and partnership work
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive & have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You have language “background” as language studies or teaching experience
- You have very good organisational and communication skills
- You are fluent in English and are used to the MS Office Package
- You are a team player and can work independently
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- Insight into the development of the Language School dynamics in a social start-up
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte and flexible working hours
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Language School”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships for enrolled students (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.