The JUCE internship was a fantastic opportunity for me after I graduated from university. It helped to develop my programming skills considerably whilst working on interesting, real-world projects and ultimately lead to a permanent role on the JUCE team.”
- Ed Davies, JUCE Software Engineer
We are looking for a proactive Sales and Marketing Intern to assist the JUCE team at ROLI.
JUCE is a C++ software framework widely used in the audio industry to build real-time music and audio cross-platform applications. The JUCE library was created by Julian Storer, ROLI’s Principal Software Architecture Engineer. The library was first open-sourced in 2003, and has been sold commercially since 2005. ROLI acquired JUCE in 2014.
As our Sales and Marketing Intern, you will support our sales and marketing activities within JUCE by improving the customer experience on the website and increasing JUCE’s presence across social media.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive category of music making devices we are creating called ‘Connected Music’ – a network of hardware and software, platform and developer products that will revolutionise how music is made.
This is an initial 3 month internship with the potential of becoming a permanent full time role.
- Create a detailed marketing strategy plan including competitor research, analysis and recommendations
- Manage JUCE’s social media channels
- Collaborate with ROLI’s marketing team to plan all JUCE marketing communication
- Improve the segmentation of our customer mailing list
- Build and manage relationships with existing leads by gathering their requirements and altering them to new features
- Assist with the execution of our marketing campaigns and events, including the Audio Developers Conference
- Excellent communication skills, flawless written English
- A strong understanding of the software development environment, ideally with a degree in computer science
- Superb and demonstrable time-management skills and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Confidence to reach sales objectives
- The ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- The passion to learn and grow in the sales and marketing industry
- A BSc in computer science or equivalent degree or experience
- The opportunity to work with the leading minds within technology, hardware, and music creation to directly impact the way we create and interact with music
- A range of meaningful benefits including:
- Following probation, a competitive health care cash plan
- A company pension scheme
- 23 days holiday with 2 additional social impact days and the standard 8 statutory holiday days
- 20 hours per year dedicated to volunteering within the local community
- ‘Lending Library’ of all ROLI products
- Team member discounts on ROLI products
- Wellness programme including fortnightly massages, weekly guided meditation and yoga
- Apple laptop and relevant software licenses for your role and beyond
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- Frequent friends and family events
- A great working environment, featuring daily complimentary homemade vegetarian lunches as well as fresh baked bread, limitless homemade GOLDnola
- A dedicated company-wide Hack Day every four weeks to expand your skills
- The opportunity to create your own “4pm” class to skill share both your technical and creative skill sets with other ROLI team members
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
- A competitive salary according to your level of experience