Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Start: August 2017 or later
Office: Berlin (fulltime)
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Be the assistant to three Managing Directors in all matters of day-to-day operations as well as weekly and monthly planning.
- Support the management and team in the coordination, communication and implementation of various aspects of the business routines (e.g. strategy process).
- Autonomously coordinate and execute organizational tasks such as scheduling meetings, booking travel arrangements and managing the contact database.
- Prepare presentations and protocols for meetings and therefore facilitate workflow.
- Support in distributing targeted internal information and further optimizing the internal information flow.
- Be responsible for communicating with and preparing regular jour fixes with our advisory board and stakeholders.
- Take responsibility and a guiding role in projects of our management board.
Your set of skills:
- You are a self-motivated, pragmatic and solution-orientated personality with extraordinary organizational skills and love to use these capabilities to ease the work of our top management.
- You have experience in the role of an assistant or project manager, ideally for a minimum of 3 years and in a start-up or other similar dynamic environment.
- Your are a team player and enjoy working in an international, interdisciplinary and dynamic team.
- You have a good understanding of the requirements of effective, efficient and sensitive business communication.
- You are an open, friendly and honest person who stands by his/her word and brings in the flexibility for dealing with ad-hoc requests and for multi-tasking as well as the ability to deliver results on short notice.
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel and a quick-learner for google applications and all other organizational programs, such as Wrike.
- You have excellent German and English speaking and writing skills.
- The possibility to get a comprehensive insight into the work of the management board and to actively engage in organizational wide processes.
- The experience to work with a highly committed, international and interdisciplinary team.
- The fun and inspiring atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup with several stakeholders (refugees, corporations, NGOs, higher education and public sector institutions).
- Regular team building and representative events, mentoring and workshops.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “MA + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 15.07.2017 to:
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo .