UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, a fintech focused Venture Capital firm based out of London & Hong Kong.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
We are looking for a person who will join our People & Culture team here in Kuala Lumpur.
If you consider yourself as a People & Culture Specialist, don’t hesitate to run for this open position.
1. You will follow all the steps of UMAI’s recruitment process:
- you will look for candidates according to our hiring needs,
- post job advertisements,
- schedule and contact interviews,
- evaluate candidates
2. You will be responsible to prepare documentation (employment contracts, reference letters, guides…), administrate payroll and manage tax & visa processes
3. You will be involved in the art & science of employer branding:
- you will enhance UMAI’s external brand on job portals, social media… and propose new tools to reach our goals
- you will ensure that every new UMAI team member has a great starting experience
4. You will support and improve UMAI’s internal brand, by making sure that each member of UMAI’s team and candidates understand and love our values and work environment
5. You will work with UMAI’s People & Culture team and on your own projects (e.g. setting up the payroll for Singapore’s market, organizing careers fairs and meet ups)
- You have a BA/MA degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, Psychology, Social Sciences, Sales or similar subjects
- You have experience/good knowledge of the recruitment process. Your mission is to scout talents to join the UMAI family
- Ideally you have previous experience in tech recruitment or are very keen to learn
- You have experience/good knowledge of payroll, taxes & visa processes, and you know how to prepare an employment contract
- You have strong email and in-person communication skills. To convince people is an easy task for you
- You have remarkable organizational skills and are able to prioritize, accurate and thorough to hit your goals and deadlines
- You know how to listen to people and how to build strong relationships within and outside UMAI
- You are really interested in the start-up world and in knowing more about UMAI
What we offer:
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- The opportunity to build an international UMAI Team and enhancing your network
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the Head of People & Culture and the CEO’s – thereby acquiring insight into the entrepreneurial life
- A dynamic and highly motivated team coming from 14 nationalities, flat hierarchies and a great working atmosphere
We thrive on the diversity of our company thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!