- Preferably 5+ years of hands-on “product development” experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 1+ years of experience in managing a team of software engineers is a must.
- Manage and Lead engineering and operational project/program teams in the research, design, test and deployment of new infrastructure projects, products, and/or features.
- Ensure new technologies are employed productively in operations by planning their release, working with internal customers on adoption, as well as identifying and resolving problems throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Plan, coordinate, and deliver engineering projects by working closely with Product Management and other teams by understanding the priorities.
- Set and achieve challenging goals and build trust and influence across teams.
- Expert knowledge with hands on experience developing high availability APIs. (HTTP/REST/Microservices).
- Must have hands on experience working with containers and containerized solutions. (Docker, Kubernetes, etc…)
- Must be versed with modern software pipeline, including configuration management, deployment tools and continuous integration. (DevOps/CI/CD)
- And you are always ready to get your hands dirty with coding and shipping products and services covering all the aspects yourselves – requirements gathering, resource allocation, testing, deploying, monitoring and iterating.
- Extensive hands-on experience in Java and Node.js technologies is a must.
- Experience building large scale distributed applications or large-scale internet systems (cloud computing)
- Proven track record of achieving objectives on schedule, on budget, and within quality targets.
- Superb communication and facilitation skills.
- Solid CS fundamentals. (Data structures, Algorithms, OS, Databases)
- Experience in technically leading software development projects.
- Experience with all aspects of software development lifecycle. Knowledge of agile methodologies is a big plus.
- Strong programming skills.
- Exposure to machine learning and other open source technologies is a plus.
- Exposure to container orchestration tools is a big plus. (Kubernetes/Docker Swarm etc…)
- Exposure to NoSQL and big data technologies. (Hadoop / Cassandra etc…)
- Exposure to distributed messaging/queuing. (Kafka, RabbitMQ etc…)