Will you be our spider in our intricate web of software development? Can you make our APIs clear and understandable for a wide range of stakeholders? Is a MicroServices-based environment something that makes your heart beat faster?
We – Lieferando.de and Takeaway.com – are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our multinational and multicultural IT organization. You will have the opportunity to play a leading part in designing and developing new APIs and services that will play a vital role in our evolving architecture.
- Define clean and self-explanatory endpoints (APIs) that can be used by other teams within Takeaway.com
- Use and deepen your expertise concerning continuous integration, RESTful APIs, MicroServices and other related key topics
- Build small, one-purpose components that communicate with each other within a complex system
- Develop exciting features for different data domains (discounts, orders, payment methods, etc.) with a focus on performance and security
- Explore new technologies, weigh their pros and cons and share your insights within your team
- Provide development expertise to other stakeholders both within and outside your field
- You are knowledgeable about Java and bring at least 3 to 5 years of relevant developer experience
- You are knowledgeable when it comes to Spring and JEE
- You are familiar with databases (a Hibernate background is a strong plus)
- As a seasoned developer, acting as a subject-matter expert and mentor to other (more junior) developers comes easy to you
- You know how to communicate effectively and are proficient in both written and spoken English, and can therefore quickly prototype ideas and convey concepts
- You approach your job with an open mind, both towards technologies as well as towards people
- You relish working in a team and enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge with your peers
- You are persistent and resilient – the more difficult the challenge, the more motivated you are to sink your teeth into it
- You are relentlessly curious and demonstrate initiative to continuously improve yourself and us
- Familiarity with queuing systems, e.g. RabbitMQ and/or Kafka, would be a plus
- The freedom to go where no one in our company has gone before
- Work in a fast-growing company
- Being part of a wildly international and multicultural team (20+ nationalities)
- A competitive salary
- A passionate commitment to the use of open-source software – nobody owns code in our company!
- Custom work stations/laptops (Mac/Linux/PC)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Awesome team events
- Free drinks and fruits and several sporty benefits
- Pension scheme with 20% company top-up
Who we are:
Lieferando.de as part of the Dutch Takeaway.com group is a rapidly expanding e-commerce company based in Berlin that is revolutionizing the competitive online market for food orders. We are a fast growing company with over 130 employees in Germany. At Lieferando.de we work with both private and prestigious corporate clients, who can find every type of delivery service from the Italian next door to the best Asian restaurant in town on our state-of-the-art platform. The working atmosphere at Lieferando.de is characterized by team spirit, trust and open communication, a high degree of personal responsibility and flat hierarchies. Bringing in your own ideas is encouraged, creativity, motivation and commitment are much appreciated.