We are looking for candidates who are willing to support our team with passion and who want to be part of an international startup with long-term prospects. For our Berlin office we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Build, automate, and manage key parts of the global Wimdu production environment
- Help define a solid strategy for ensuring future growth of our platform
- Optimize existing systems and components for performance and stability
- Forge close relationships with development teams, and empower them to take ownership of their own parts of the infrastructure in a SOA environment
- Collaborate with developers and QA engineers on release processes, deployment and scaling
- Build and maintain core infrastructure components like monitoring services and automation recipes that our development teams can use
- Proactively monitor end-to- end system performance (client to database) to identify bottlenecks and potential failures, and help developers improve their code based on your analysis
- Assume strong ownership for what you build — including being on-call for it
- 3+ years experience managing a high traffic consumer-facing website
- Expert level Linux ( Ubuntu/Debian) system administration skills, and understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts (e.g. firewalls, load balancers, routing, DNS)
- Experience with cloud-based and on premise systems, provisioning tools, virtualization and monitoring
- You are very familiar with AWS
- You have first experience with Puppet/Chef
- Experience with Automation test
- Ideally, development experience in Ruby, Java, Python, Shell or other high-level languages
- You are open, communicative, and enjoy working as part of a diverse team
- Office in the center of Berlin
- Your choice of hardware (Mac, PC)
- Regular team events
- Free drinks, cereals and fruit
- Yearly budget for personal development
If you seek to work in a friendly and supportive environment with a high performance culture and many learning opportunities, then we are looking for you!
We offer international start-up spirit based in the heart of Germany’s capital. Monthly events, a chilled-out work environment and fresh drinks and fruits will enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team. Of course you will be able to choose your OS freely, while working with up to date equipment.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?