At OriGen.AI, we are building an AI-based platform for the prediction and optimization of real-life industrial-sized problems. Repsol (Spain’s largest energy company) and NYU Future labs trust us. We are looking for a full-time software engineer with a focus on AI and deep learning. If you have passion and hands-on experience solving real-world challenges using machine learning in large-scale systems, a solid track record building deep learning models and deploying them in production, and want to make a huge positive impact in people’s lives around the world, then this is a great opportunity for you.
As a software engineer specialized in deep learning you will join a team of researchers and engineers to help us productize and scale just baked cutting-edge AI research.
- Work with our researchers and customers, translating their requirements and applying the latest machine learning techniques to solve real business problems, improve our platform, and develop new capabilities
- Participate in interviews and help build a world-class team of engineers
- Design, build, and train custom models and evaluate model performance
- Help the team deploy production-ready models to customers, to learn from customer feedback and make frequent model improvements
- Contribute to the overall architecture and implementation of our ML infrastructure, data pipelines, inference engine(s), APIs, and products
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to understand their machine learning related needs and to provide guidance and support where necessary
- Provide mentoring and technical direction for more junior team members where needed
- Follow best practices and share them with the team
- Participate in functional, technical, and code reviews
- Work in an Agile environment
- Hands-on experience working with neural networks and other statistical techniques and successfully delivering and running such systems in production
- Hands-on experience with ML infrastructure development and support using cloud computing technologies
- Fluent in using a neural network framework such as TensorFlow, Caffe, * PyTorch, or Theano with an understanding of back-propagation and other mathematical concepts employed by modern ML methods
- Fluent in Python and other Object Oriented programming languages such as Java/Scala
- Proficient with distributed systems and well versed in spark, hadoop, and other big data technologies.
- A Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in data engineering and architecture
- Experience in applying machine learning for a global-scale enterprise or consumer application
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability working with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud-based solutions to train models, set up data pipelines, and set up inference engines
- Experience in microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, or other container technology
- Experience with developing ML methods in Jupyter Notebooks environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills especially debugging of complex software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for applying latest technologies into the development of innovative features and products
- A collaborative attitude and demonstrated team-working ability
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for learning
Compensation and opportunity
We offer a competitive compensation structure with meaningful equity ownership.