foodora: bringing good food into your everyday!
foodora is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in over 50 cities worldwide. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favorite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bicycle couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We are currently expanding rapidly through Europe, Canada, and Australia, and are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team. Not only do we want to bring quality food to customers around the world, we also want to redefine delivery food to include the very best meals from beloved local restaurants.
foodora is now expanding rapidly in Europe and in selected countries around the world. We are looking for your help as Android Software Engineer (m/f)!
- Help us to launch and maintain our successful mobile product all over the world
- Variety of tasks regarding our product and its related services
- Take part in designing, building and maintaining our highly complex and large platform serving thousands of customers everyday
- Ensure the technical success and further enhancement of Foodora on an international scale
- Encounter new challenges every day and be a part of the technical team who is responsible for enhancing and maturing our great product
- Very good English speaking & writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Several years of experience in development of Android apps using web services – preferably with REST and JSON.
- Understanding of the full lifecycle of Android screens and the whole app is a must.
- Knowledge and practical experience in using at least one of Android unit-testing frameworks
- Knowledge of dependency injection concepts and frameworks (Dagger 2) is a plus.
- Working experience with modern design patterns like MVP and its derivatives is a plus.
- Experience in working using agile methodologies
- Code quality, unit tests and scalability mean something to you
- You feel comfortable owning complex systems
- Ability to master any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future
- Attraction towards user experience with an eye for a great and user friendly design
What we offer:
- Take an active role in developing our international product and bring it to the next level
- Be part of a highly skilled, international team that is just great to work with
- A lot of opportunities to grow – both personally and professionally
- Free choice of hardware, unlimited supply of Club Mate and – of course – company discount for foodora!
Up for a challenge? Apply right now!
Please indicate in your application your possible starting date and your expected salary.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!