algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors’ network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
We are looking for a project manager who will invest his or her passion for coffee to manage algrano discoveries campaigns: these campaigns are 4 weeks promotion campaigns that focus on a single grower, or a group of growers, and promote their highest coffee qualities. You will travel to origin countries, visit coffee growers, learn about their production, cup their coffee, and identify what makes them unique. You will be part of the sourcing team, and you will work closely with the sales and marketing team by providing them with stories, coffee analysis, roast and extraction suggestions. This is a full-time position based in Zurich, requiring frequent trips to Latin America and European cities.
Your main tasks will include:
- Discovering coffees and stories: Given a selected coffee grower, you identify his coffees to be promoted during the campaign. For each campaign, you will visit the grower and find out what makes his coffee, farm, and story unique.
- Project management: You are responsible for the smooth execution of each campaign. You make sure that the planning is up-to date and executed on time. You keep the sourcing, marketing, and sales informed.
- Storytelling: You support the marketing and sales team with the knowledge and material you acquired during your trip. You provide pictures and interviews to the marketing, and you educate the sales about how this coffee could be best roasted, extracted and which European market it would best fit. You join the sales on cuppings in European countries to promote the coffee and Algrano’s model.
- Sales support: You support the sales team during the events they have organized across Europe to present the coffees you discovered. You support them in sharing the stories, setting up the perfect roast curves and the cupping.
You are passionate about coffee in all its stages: from cultivating, to fermenting, roasting, and extracting. Additionally, your strength includes:
- Enthusiasm: You are energetic, passionate, and you want to go the extra mile to make any of your project a success.
- Good Listening and Communication Skills: You are an active listener, and you have empathy for others. You make sure that all participants in a conversation feel equally heard, respected and understood.
- Organisation: You can keep track of dozens of items — tasks, deliverables, meetings and approval requests, just to name a few. This is business as usual for you.
Your experience, background and skills include:
- Recognised sensorial analysis skills (e.g. Q-Grader)
- You know how to find an interesting angle of a story, how to make a story unique
- Proven experience in project management
- At least B1 in Spanish or Portuguese
- At least C1 in English
Bonus points for:
- Participation in a national or international coffee championship
- Recognised authority in the European specialty coffee scene
- Travels to coffee origin, close contact with coffee growers
Why work with algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated, but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- You will enjoy amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!