Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus. Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Student Assistant in ResearchStart: February 2018 or later – Office: Berlinfields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
● Work closely with the research & data team on different projects
● Support with desk research, implementation of surveys, and questionnaire development
● Prepare results from descriptive statistics or other statistical analyses using R
● Get extensive experience at Kiron on how to use R on the backend
● Be involved in different research projects and support the other departments in their work
Your set of skills:
● You have computing and programming skills in R (e.g., you are able to run t-tests or ANOVAs)
● You have good knowledge on methods and statistics
● You have knowledge in questionnaire design and can implement them in a survey platform (e.g., Limesurvey)
● You are fluent in English
● You have good knowledge in MS Office and quick to learn new google applications and other programs which are widely used in our organisation
● You are enrolled at a UniversityOur offer:
● 20 hrs/week, flexible working hours
● Insight in the development of a research department in a non-profit edTech organisation and the opportunity to contribute with your initiative to its mission
● The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing organisation and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
Ready to join our mission?Apply now!We are looking forward to yourapplication via e-mail with thesubject “SHK research + yourname”. Include your cover letter,CV and possible starting date inEnglish in a single PDF file untilthe 09.03.2018 to
As an equal opportunitiesemployer, Kiron stronglyencourages people with arefugee background and womento apply. The position is suitablefor people living with a disability.In case of two equally qualifiedcandidates, preference will begiven to the candidate livingwith disability.
The job does not fit yourprofile? But you want to join ourteam? Kiron is currently recruiting fordifferent paid positions, andmany volunteering/ internshipopportunities. More at www(dot)kiron(dot)ngo