We are a young, but well established startup incubator focused on e-commerce. Our web- and mobile-based projects belong to the biggest and fastest growing ventures in Germany. But that’s not good enough! We want to improve our work, expand and create new, exciting things! Our flagship product is mydealz.de, the leading deals & bargains portal in Germany. We are also working with the HolidayPirates, who’s German sister site won the award for the best holiday and travel website in 2013.
Your knowledge about UI, website/screen/responsive design is strong and you can prove it with several projects from your portfolio? You are obsessed with that sweet spot between beauty and functionality? Perfect!
What’s in for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate developers to work with
- Great office on Torstraße (close to Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the startup scene in Berlin
- Monthly “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance (if required)
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An educational background in Graphic Design or Visual Communication, but don’t think about titles. We love self-taught people.
- A portfolio with relevant digital work from the past 3 years.
- Strong typography skills
- Knowledge of user-centered interaction design patterns
- A great communicator and collaborator. We mainly communicate in English, but it would help a great deal if you were into German.
- As a team player you should have no problem with receiving feedback (aka constructive criticism) on your work and carrying out adaptions as needed. In reverse you know how to put your feedback on other’s work constructively.
- You are able to be the main responsible designer for a certain project and carry it forward, but if required, you happily help out other projects when assets are needed.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Copywriter skills
- Icon design and illustration skills
- Can you speak geek? Familiarity with front-end code and start-up environments will definitely come in handy
While you’re here you’ll be:
- Working together with the art director to properly turn the style guide into beautiful and functional reality
- Finding fresh insight on how to care for our communities and ways to improve their experience
- Creating different advertising and presentational materials
Applications without a portfolio will be automatically discarded. We expect the portfolio either to be available online or attached to the mail, as PDF. Other formats, like .doc or .docx, will not be opened.