Life at the Labs
At Sociomantic, we don’t do vanilla work-hard-play-hard. We work hard while playing hard. That’s because we love what we do just as much as the people with whom we do it. The fierce passion we put into our work, the drive to excel at everything we do, the ambition to go above and beyond all expectations – this is Sociomantic. This is also what enabled us to turn 3,000 Euros into a global ad-tech pioneer with over 150 employees in 15 offices all by ourselves. The core of Sociomantic is our talent and our technology, not the investments of others, and we’re proud of this organic growth. Despite our rapid expansion, our bootstrapped nature allows us to stay true to that core. In light of the unique path we’ve chosen to follow, some have even gone so far as to call us Berlin’s Hidden Champion. This is our story. It’s a startup romance packed with everything you’d expect — Club Mate, electronics beats and cheeky T-shirts — and a few things you wouldn’t, like our giant chandelier suspended next to an industrial crane over a life-sized chess board in our Berlin office. That stuff is great. But what truly defines us is our shared passion for building the greatest global technology company that Berlin – or the world – has ever seen. Sounds like you? Let’s meet.
You’re a passionate number-cruncher by profession, yet a people person at heart. Accuracy is your lifestyle and accounting principles have become your second nature. Working with different cultures, languages, currencies and laws all-day-every-day and continuously improving the processes of a rapidly growing ad-tech pioneer is the challenge you need to perform at your best and go above and beyond all expectations. You can make Excel spray sparks and having less than 14 spreadsheets open makes you feel like it’s a slow day.
• is to support the finance team in the field of financial administration on a group level 15-20h/week:
• Assistance with the invoicing and customers’ requests
• assisting our Group Controller in supervising our subsidiaries all over the world
• any other accounting duties required by the management team
• Providing assistance to team members with administrative tasks
• Managing incoming and outgoing mail
Your Track Record:
• you are studying Business Administration with the focus on Finance/Controlling/Accounting
• Excellent English & German skills
• MS Office with strong skills of MS Excel spread sheets
• Highly organized with the ability to multi task and pay attention to detail
• You don’t like being thrown in at the deep end.
You like to jump yourself.
• You live and breathe globalization and love to work internationally.
• You mesmerize people with a friendly and open-minded, yet trustworthy and reliable personality.
• You think in achievements, not in departments, responsibilities or hierarchies.
• As a quick learner, first mover and fast thinker you can keep pace with one of the fastest growing technology start ups.
• You are driven by curiosity and innovation, and always up for a good challenge
• Employment in Berlin with flexible working hours.
• Daily adrenalin rushes while working and learning in one of the fastest growing sectors in online advertising.
• Access to an international high-profile network
• A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that exceeds departments and hierarchies.
Call to Action:
The challenge is on. If you think it’s you we’re looking for, send us your battle plan along with a certificate of your super powers. Alternatively, a motivational cover letter and resume will do, too. For now.