Who We Are
Shape is a San Francisco based tech start-up that is working on a next generation scale that scans and digitizes your body shape in 3D. The result is a truly photorealistic avatar that helps to visualize where you lose fat and gain muscle.
Graduated from the famous startup accelerator Y-Combinator, we are working on a future where everyone is able to get in a better shape. We are a team of European entrepreneurs with several years of experience of developing and selling technology products.
We are seeking a creative and energetic Marketing Intern to support our growing team in San Francisco starting in January 2020. The internship is for 6-12 months (the range is flexible and can be discussed).
Do you love health, fitness & sports? Do you have an unhealthy obsession of following fitness influencers? Are you fascinated by exciting new innovations? Look no further, because as an intern at Shape you will be able to indulge your obsessions only further by engaging with the fitness scene and creating “healthy content” around our product. All of this in the global tech hub, San Francisco.
We are a small, busy team, looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is a great team player as well as an effective independent contributor. We’re seeking someone with an open mind who can learn from others, but at the same time is not afraid to step up and work very independently. We’re looking for a versatile individual who is able to turn hands to a range of jobs. You’ll find yourself creating inspiring and insightful content, dealing with customers and conducting market research (the list is not exhaustive) There’s never a dull moment at Shape and every day is different!
As part of our team, you will play an active role in growing our community, our marketing strategy and helping us engage with our users so that we are building a better product and user experience. We will give your entrepreneurial spirit free rein and allow you to take on considerable responsibility and flexibility as you familiarise yourself with our core business. But don’t worry, we do not expect you to know everything right away, hence we will actively assist your learning and skill acquisition during your internship.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with marketing team to support online marketing efforts
- Create awesome & engaging content focused around health & fitness for our website, various content channels (blog, podcast, marketing newsletter etc.), and social media
- Contribute to our marketing strategy to create brand awareness, generate traffic and conversions. Including but not limited to: public relations, social marketing actions, email marketing etc.
- Assist with the creation of promotional materials, including web assets, product descriptions and visuals, PR tools and all other needed assets for special marketing initiatives
Marketing Strategy & Analytics
- Identify, prioritize, and execute SEO tactics aligned with overall strategy
- Analyze effects and results of marketing strategy and prepare reports to management
Customer Success & Development
- Coordinate community management and customer care activities
- Assist with customer development process and early user testings
- Measure user feedback, behavior, and market acceptance, and deliver relevant analysis
- Support sales by devising sales pitch assets (presentations, products sheets, and more) and related promotional material
What we expect from you…
- Excellent grasp of the English language & great verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and long-standing passion for fitness, health, and technology as a whole
- Interest in content marketing, social media, and customer relationship management
- Creative spirit capable of creating innovative marketing programs that are result oriented
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and quickly adapt to new technologies
- Attention to detail & an eye for good design and aesthetics
A big plus if …:
- You’re a creator and not just a consumer. Previous graphic design, video, podcasting and/or blogging experience are all strongly encouraged. Show us something cool!
- You’ve got working knowledge of SEO (link building, content optimization, etc)
- Strong analytical skills (Excel, Google Analytics, SQL, Tableau, etc)
What you can expect…
- Monthly compensation of $3,000 (Gross)
- Assistance with your J1 visa application (if required)
- Healthy meals at our office
- Wellness benefits
- Fun and active company activities like surfing, hiking and/or spartan races
- You’ll be at the heart of Silicon Valley, the heart of technology. A golden opportunity for anyone looking to break into tech.
Apply on our careers page at https://shapescale.com/careers/?gh_jid=4252165002 with your CV/resume & Cover Letter (yes we’d like to know why you want to work with us!)