Who we are: At PropCoin we are looking to democratise the real estate industry. We are a tokenised real estate fund, with the aim of combining the liquidity associated with cryptocurrencies and digital securities with the stability, security, and income of the real estate industry.
Background to us: We secured pre-seed venture capital funding from PiLabs in 2018, and since then have been navigating the crypto-asset regulatory environment as well as securing investment for the property fund and the company. We are now ready to execute on this plan, and have recently kicked-off the development of an MVP for our consumer-facing issuance and investment platform.
The role: We’re now looking for a Head of Technology, a Software Engineer (Full Stack) who will be responsible for the delivery of our consumer-facing issuance platform (web platform first then app). The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to grow in an early stage environment and deliver a new product. We are happy to speak to you if you’ve already worked on some software projects in the past, but we value energy and enthusiasm for innovation more than anything. You will work alongside our partner and recent investor, SoftFund, in delivering our MVP and the Head of Technology role will be responsible for directing this initial build and also for taking this over post the MVP build phase. The role will have a very strong influence on the technical direction.
Who we are looking for: Experienced in front-end and back-end development. The initially chosen stack will be based on Ruby, but you will have the opportunity to define that at a later stage. We expect the candidate to be undertaking their first/second startup project. This could either be a current student, recent graduate or a more experienced software engineer looking to experience the challenges and autonomy associated with a startup. There is scope for the role to transition into a co-founder/CTO, with a much larger equity position.
Who you are & what you’ll do:
• Experienced in full-stack development (Ruby at a minimum)
• Have a passion for making beautiful, smooth web experiences on desktop and mobile
• Ready to design, prototype and implement elegant solutions and new features to our investment platform once the initial MVP is build
• Familiar and experienced with software engineering best practices including a collaborative approach with our investor’s developers
• Know how to diagnose and troubleshoot problems. Your technical depth allows you to rapidly fix bugs and unit testing
• Help define both the long-term vision and short-term roadmap
• Expert at designing and building products for desktop and mobile web
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Passion for identifying and solving user problems
• Demonstrable experience in software development. A university degree or a certification from a relevant institution is a plus
Remuneration: This is initially an unpaid role, but with equity options awarded. As and when funding becomes available a salary will be offered and there is scope for the role to transition into a co-founder/CTO, with a much larger equity position. All of this is negotiable.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk! Please reach out to discuss.
The PropCoin team