Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
- Acquisition and management of partnerships with international universities;
- Building, acquiring, and strengthening relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners which could bring new funding, networking, and academic opportunities for Kiron;
- Assisting the International Academics Manager in the daily administrative activities.
- Working together with the management team on the long-term academics strategy
- Translating leadership goals into actionable strategic initiatives
- Taking responsibility for projects depending on your preferences & skills
- You are a student and you share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You are fluent in English and have excellent written communication skills
- You are used to the MS Office Package
- You are a self-starter and think like a social entrepreneur, you are an excellent communicator, and motivated to work hard
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- An comprehensive insight into our Academic Partnerships Department
- Flexible working hours at our attractive office location in the center of Munich
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship_AP”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.